I love mother's day!! I'm at the point now where I get cute little homemade gifts from my kids. As a kid I looked making mother's day a special day for my mom. I remember feeling so excited to surprise her with breakfast and thought long and hard about a special gift I could give her. Kelsey finds the same satisfaction in serving me. She was so excited about today that Saturday night she was all giddy with enthusiasm and kept telling me, "Mom, I'm so excited for tomorrow!! You're going to LOVE it!" On Saturday night she left the following note for Blake:

She did not disappoint this morning. I made some roll dough the night before because she wanted to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast for me, but wasn't confident enough to do it by herself yet. Blake rolled out them out and we let them raise overnight in the fridge. Kelsey got up early and baked the cinnamon rolls as well as eggs with cheese on top and made some toast. She set the table and placed the present she made for me on my plate. It was so special....and her face when she saw me look at what she had created was priceless!! Mylee was involved too and was also excited to celebrate me. Lanaea came into my bathroom while I was still getting ready and gave me a big hug and told me happy mother's day in her sweet quite voice.
 |
| This is what Mylee made for me |
 |
| There are fridge magnets that Kelsey made for me |
 |
| This is a flower bouquet that Kelsey made for me |
 |
| This is Kelsey's letter to me |
 |
| This is the gift Blake got me. I hurt my finger back in November and I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since, so he got this pretty band for me to wear. |
The girls enjoyed drawing pictures and writing letters to their grandmother's today too. I compiled all their pictures, scanned them in and emailed them to my moms today. Each note and picture was so precious and from the heart.
I'm so grateful to be a mother! I wouldn't be satisfied doing anything else. Motherhood truly is a divine calling and I'm grateful for the trust Heavenly Father has shown in me by sending his precious children to me to raise. Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's and mother's-to-be out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment