Yes people, the fact that we are getting rain, deserves a post of its very own!!! I can't even remember the last time we had rain!! It started raining Thursday evening and has continued to rain BUCKETS on and off ever since. Kelsey was in tears on Friday because they were supposed to have their field day (they call it buddy fun day), but it was rescheduled for Tuesday because of the rain. Literally there were rivers in our streets when I took them to school that day! Blake asked if school was canceled. Ha, ha, if it school were canceled for rain, Lubbock would be a place to cancel for it because rain has been so rare!! Kelsey had cinema day instead at school. For months she has been earning fake money to buy things for "Cinema day". Apparently she earned $50 dollars. I didn't realize how much that was until she came home on Friday with an entire gallon-sized bag full of suckers and pixie sticks!!! Dum dum and pixie stick wrappers have been emerging all over my house ever since!!!
Sweet Mylee woke up Friday morning asking, "Mom, what is that noise outside!?" My reply, "That dear Mylee is RAIN!!" Ha, ha, it's been so long we have had rain she didn't recognize the sound right off. Even our dog Bella was spazzing out. I went in the backyard to get the picture I took above and she zoomed in the house. For the life of me I couldn't get her back outside, so she hung out in her kennel in the garage for a couple of hours until I was able to coax her to the backyard again.
The two pictures below are gems I caught this week doing our normal daily routine. Also noteworthy to mention this week. I went to the mall on Saturday with ALL four of my kids....YES, I'm NUTS!! And YES, it was TERRIBLE!!! Blake has a job interview...for a REAL job, on Thursday and I'm invited to come with him. We fly out Thursday with Kayden and come back Sunday night. We are going to Kennewick, Washington. Our friends are watching our 3 girls here in Lubbock while we are gone. The group is taking Blake and I out to dinner on Friday and Saturday night and I didn't have anything business casual to wear. Luckily I found some things that I'm excited about, BUT man, shopping is so stressful!!! I feel like I don't know how to dress myself anymore with all the new styles now a days. I do like what I got though and I'm excited...NO MORE shopping for a while though!!
![]() |
| A gem I caught of these two daytime buddies playing on our horse Buster that Daddy made. |
![]() |
| A carousal horse just outside the kid's club area at the gym. Kayden has to touch it every time we pass by it. |



No comments:
Post a Comment