Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick-or-Treat!!

We had an awesome Halloween this year. We had so many parties and activites that we were involved in this year. The weather was wonderful too. As a kid I always remember freezing around Halloween and especially when I was out trick-or-treating, but not here!! The weather was just right, not too warm, not too cold. Blake had to work tonight so me and the girls went out trick-or-treating without him. Of course he was missed, but the girls had an absolute BLAST!! I couldn't get enough of Mylee. She thought it was the coolest thing ever to get treats from houses. She even learned to say trick-or-treat and thank you when she would receive some candy. Check out the video to hear her sweet voice. Kelsey couldn't go fast enough from house to house and was so fascinated by all the halloween decor and the children dressed in costume around the neighborhood. One adult was dressed as the Grim Reaper (way too scary I think around kids!). When Kelsey saw him she said, "Look Mom, it's King Triton!" You know from The Little Mermaid? I couldn't help but laugh at that one. Appartently she didn't think he was too scary.

We started trick-or-treating at about 7 PM and ended around 8 PM. At that point Mylee didn't want to go up to the doors anymore, but preferred the stroller and Kelsey admitted, "She was all tried out." So I gave them each a treat from their bag and they ate that happily as I meandered my way through our neighborhood back to our house with the kids in the double stroller--thank goodness for the stroller!! When we got home, Kelsey was excited to give out candy to the trick-or-treaters. She was the one who gave the candy out and did a great job at it. I bought a big bag of candy at Walmart and was out in about 30-45 minutes!! There were a lot of trick-or-treaters tonight. I started wondering about some of them though--particularly some adults and even a pregnant lady!! Come on people!!


Mylee trick-or-treating!

Kelsey posing for the camera


All ready to go trick-0r-treating!
Smiley Mylee
I should have held my camera the other way!! Sorry
Carving pumpkins!
Mylee was more the observer. And LOOK can you see Blake, he was home on Friday to be part of our pumpkin carving party--well sort of (he was studying during it)
finished pumpkin--happy spider
Pumpkin candy holder--this one was a big flop!! Kelsey seemed to think it was perfect though.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you all had a fun holiday! Loved the pictures of the girls trick or treating.

Dionne said...

Cute Mylee -- I cannot get enough of that age's cuteness!

Monica said...

Trick-r-treat, trick-r-treat, trick-r-treat. So sweet. Mylee is so cute. Of course your girls are beautiful. And what little girl doesn't love wearing makeup? That's why I always wanted to be a princess or fairy. I love how Kelsey gets into the whole feeling of it and appreciates all the decorations and other's costumes. How fun! I'm glad you have a great little neighborhood to trick-or-treat in.

miquelle and cody said...

How cute! How fun that it was warm and you didn't have to wear a coat over the costume! :) The wind was blowing here and it was really cold!