Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kindergarten Day 3

Yesterday morning (Wednesday the 25th) Kelsey had decided she didn't want to go to kindergarten. According to my mother-in-law Joyce, her room looked suspicious in the morning like she had gotten up and played in the night. Needless to say she was very tired and grumpy the next morning. She said to Joyce, "I don't want to go to school today." Joyce had to bribe her with some marshmellows she would get packed in her lunch if she got up. This got her going. Then Kelsey insisted that her hair be left down with a headband which wasn't going to fly that day because she had PE. Again Joyce had to bribe her with something which got her to concede. The next battle was wearing her winter coat to school because it was a little chilly outside. Joyce let her wear it walking to school, but convinced her to leave it with her before she went inside to her class. I was told that Kelsey woke up happy to go to school today, but ohhh the days I have to look forward to!!

Update**When I got home on Friday I looked in her school folder and found out she had gotten a yellow check for her behavior that day--which is NOT good. Not as bad as a red, but it's the next one up from that!! Apparently Blake would push the limits at school he was young too!! Like father like daughter I guess. She definitely doesn't get this trait from me!! I couldn't get out of Kelsey what she had done. She kept saying, "Humm, I don't remember." I also forgot to mention that she refused to eat breakfast that day. Good thing they feed them free breakfast at school.

1 comment:

Logan and Tanya said...

Oh Cami! That is so hilarious! I'm giggling out loud right now! Good thing the marshmellows are still working! :)