Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Newly Painted Fence

On April 10, 2010, we gave our fence a well needed makeover. The color the fence was painted before was hideous and it had come off in a lot of places. Blake and I agreed on the color capaccino--it makes a color in our brick perfectly. We both were really happy with the results. AND we were really glad we had invest in a paint gun or this job would have taken much longer. When our paint got low, we had to hand brush some of the fence, but it wasn't a big deal.
Kelsey and Mylee did a lot of this. Mylee even at one point came over to help and stepped in our bucket of nearly empty paint. It made for some cute foot prints in our paint bucket that we now use as a garbage can in our garage. As Blake painted with the paint gun I stood on the opposite side the fence with a big cardboard box to help prevent overspray. Both he and I were covered in stain.

No comments: