Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kindergarten Orientation

On April 14, 2010, we went over to Kelsey's school for kindergarten orientation. I was surprised that they were having orientation so early with school not beginning until August 23rd. The school had a power point presentation to show us parents while the kindergarten teachers took the children to their classrooms to get to know them so they could better assess what teacher to place them with. I had to fill out a lot of paperwork and give the school Kelsey's immunization records. I learned about the school's schedule and about their curriculum. I was impressed with their staff and with the curriculum and think school will be good for Kelsey. When I went to pick her up at the kindergarten classrooms, she was playing simon says. She had drawn a picture and was nothing but smiles! She LOVED going to school and was disappointed when she couldn't go to school the next day.

No comments: